Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Upcoming rockabilly and psychobilly events, March 25-27, including Rockabilly Fest and Pier Invasion
- 13 Black Coffins: Check out this Houston-based band that’s currently on tour, featuring a dynamic female singer with a bluesy voice.
Thursday 3/25/2010, 8:00 PM
The Doll Hut
107 South Adams Street
Anaheim, CA 92802
- “Rev It Up” with Gamblers Mark, CellPhish, The Heart Rippers, Johnny Dahmer, and of course resident host and DJ Von Badsville
Friday 3/26/2010, 8:00 PM
Spike’s Bar and Billiards
7813 Garvey Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
$10, 21 and over
Read a review of Gamblers Mark here.
- Three Bad Jacks, Blazing Haley, Los Creepers, Fighting Chance
Friday 3/26/2010, 8:00 PM
9081 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Read about Three Bad Jacks here.
- Latino/a Student Union 3rd Annual Rockabilly Festival:
Bands start at 10 am: The Wiseguys, Moonlight Trio, Gamblers Mark, The Sugar Daddys, The Southerners, and Johnny Come Lately
Saturday 3/27/2010, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
1050 N. Mills Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
Free, all ages, vendors, cars, food...
What else is going on: “The 3rd Annual Latino Student Union Rockabilly Festival is a celebration of an aesthetic movement typically called “Kustom Kulture.” Kustom Kulture is a term encompassing artists who work with different mediums, including metal fabricators, tattooist, pinstripers, photographers, filmmakers and performance artists….Come see barrio art and the artists on March 27th on "The Mounds" at Pitzer College."
- Betty Elle presents Pier Invasion (benefiting A Place Called Home): Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys, Left Alone, Vicky Tafoya & the Big Beat, Vicky & the Vengents, The Rocketz, Stellar Corpses, Hot Rod Funeral, and DJ Von Badsville and DJ Tavi
Saturday 3/27/2010, 6:00 PM
Brixton South Bay (on Redondo Pier)
100 Torrance Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
21 and over, $15 presale, $18 at the door
Raffled prizes include a pair of tickets to this year’s sold out Viva Las Vegas, a signed life-size cut out and DVD of Elvira, a tattoo session with LA Ink’s Amy Nicoletto, swing dancing lessons with world renowned dancer Rusty Frank, a photo session with JMV Photography, and more.
Hawleywood's Barbershop will be doing hot towel shaves.
Sponsored by Stop Staring clothing, Hawleywood's Barbershop, Stephanie Salon, and Ultra Lux Lounge and Salon.
Are there other Rockabilly or Psychobilly shows you know of this weekend? Let me know and I’ll add it to the list.
Did you go to any of these shows? Please come back and leave a comment about your experience.